Gas Safety Checks During Covid-19
Blackwood has a legal obligation to make sure your home is safe by servicing any gas appliances on an annual basis, where it is safe to do so.
We are working with our Kingdom Gas to make sure any gas services which are due for renewal are completed on time. It is important that these gas services are completed as they has been classified as essential work.
If your home is due for a Gas Safety Service, please allow Kingdom Gas to carry out this service.
Please be assured that additional measures have been put in place and are within Government guidelines to make sure our tenants and contractors remain safe.
Following a call from Blackwood or Kingdom Gas, you will be asked the following key questions:
- Have you been to an affected place in the last 24 hours?
- Had contact with somebody with Coronavirus?
- Are there any household members who are over 70 years old or who have underlying health problems?
- Do you have any symptoms?
If the answer to any of these four questions is “yes”, we will postpone the service visit.
What happens when Kingdom Gas arrive at your home to carry out the Gas Service Repair?
They will ask the four questions again in case anything has changed. If it is safe to carry out the safety service, the Kingdom Gas Engineer will take the following precautions:
- Use hand sanitiser to sterilise their hands and wear latex gloves where possible prior to entering.
- Customers should open the door, then remove themselves to another room.
- Kingdom Gas Engineer will enter, locate the gas appliances and carry out the service.
- Once the service is complete, the engineer will ensure the work area is left clean, advise the tenant and leave the property
- As soon as the engineer is outside the property, they will remove and bag the gloves for disposal.
- Finally, the engineer will use hand sanitiser to sterilise their hands.
If you are due a gas safety service visit and would like to discuss this further, please contact Kingdom Gas on 0800 389 9463.