Support Workers Ayrshire Care at Home, BtB Ayrshire
Support Workers (BtB Ayrshire)
Ayrshire, Care at Home
£10.02 - £10.42* per hour (*if SVQ2 holder)
Various full time, part time and relief contracts available
Blackwood are currently looking for permanent and Support Workers to join our care at home team in Ayr.
As an award-winning innovative care provider, we support the elderly and people living with physical disabilities and long-term conditions in their own homes across Scotland. We pride ourselves on our knowledge and passion for delivering complex care, making sure that our customers receive high quality care at home services that can range from visiting a few hours a week to several daily visits.
We deliver our vision of helping our customers live their life to the full through the hard work and dedication of our Support Workers who provide our customers with a wide variety of assistance such as personal hygiene, dressing, medication prompts and light household chores in line with their personal support plans.
As a Support Worker and to enable our customers to live comfortably, safely and independently, you will work closely with our managers and teams and support our customers with some of the following examples of personal care services:
- Personal hygiene (bathing, showering, shaving, oral hygiene)
- Continence management (toileting, catheter care)
- Food and diet (assisting with eating and preparation)
- Simple treatments (medication assistance application of creams)
- Personal assistance (with wheelchairs, mechanical/manual aids and help with dressing & getting in/out of bed)
- Immobility problems
Don’t worry about having any previous care experience, we provide comprehensive training and development opportunities to help you become a great carer although previous experience is desirable.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A commitment to delivering high quality care
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as our carers might be the only contact our customers have each day
- Basic IT skills, ability to use apps and devices to support service provision
- An ability to work independently in the community and as part of a team
- A relevant qualification (SVQ2), this is not essential as training will be given
- Flexibility to work on a rota basis including early mornings, evenings and weekends
Our employee benefits
- Fully funded SVQ training on completion of probationary period
- Company sick pay scheme on completion of probationary period
- 34 days’ holiday per annum, pro rata for part-time hours
- Access to Health and Wellbeing resources such as 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and in-house Mental Health First Aiders
- Opportunity to participate in internal support networks such as employee engagement, wellbeing and digital forums
- Company pension scheme and other benefits such as Death in Service
- Payment of PVG and SSSC registration
- EE Perks package – 20% off selected EE products for Blackwood employees and family & friends
The wellbeing of our teams is paramount to us and we continue to support our teams by following all government guidelines and advice from health and regulatory bodies. We have designed specialised training to ensure our teams feel safe and confident which includes Covid-19 e-Learning module for all employees, PPE & Infection Control resources and Infection Control eLearning for all our people who work within our care services.
We ask that all applicants read the Job Pack BtB Ayrshire I Support Workers I Job Pack.pdf [pdf] 1MB . Blackwood are committed to diversity and inclusion and as an accredited Disability Confident Employer, we will interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the post.
Please mark on your application which post you are applying for by including details of the individual reference number.
Interviews are likely to take place online due to current social distancing guidelines; arrangements will be confirmed with shortlisted candidates.
Note to interested applicants
In accordance with the new immigration rules, employers must hold a licence of sponsorship to recruit all overseas candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK. It is with regret that this role does not meet the current suitability requirements set by the UKVI to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.