Support Workers, (BtB Glasgow), Glasgow Care at Home Service
Support Workers, Glasgow Care at Home Service
£8.75 per hour + excellent benefits
As an award-winning innovative care provider, we support the elderly and people living with physical disabilities and long-term conditions in their own homes across Scotland. We pride ourselves on our knowledge and passion for delivering complex care, making sure that our customers receive high quality care at home services that can range from visiting a few hours a week to several daily visits.
We deliver our vision of helping our customers live their life to the full through the hard work and dedication of our Support Workers who provide our customers with a wide variety of assistance such as personal hygiene, dressing, medication prompts and light household chores in line with their personal support plans.
Blackwood are currently looking for part-time Support Workers posts to join our Glasgow Care at Home team to work in communities across the city. Don’t worry about having any previous care experience, we provide comprehensive training and development opportunities to help you become a great carer!
Our main priority for this job role is to find people who can show our values and behaviours. These are:
- Taking responsibility
- Being open and honest
- Keeping our promises
- Having respect and understanding
The ideal candidate must have:
- A commitment to delivering high quality care
- Strong communication, interpersonal and IT skills
- An ability to work independently in the community and as part of a team
- A relevant qualification (SVQ2), this is not essential as training will be given
- Flexibility to work on a rota basis, including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
…Could this be you?
Blackwood offers a range of employee benefits, including:
- Travel expenses and paid travel time between customer visits
- Fully funded SVQ training on completion of probationary period
- Company sick pay scheme on completion of probationary period
- 34 days’ holiday per annum, pro rata for part-time hours
- Company mobile phone
- Company pension scheme and other benefits
- Payment of PVG and SSSC registration
- Recruit both drivers and walkers on care at home runs
- Fully paid induction and shadowing with experienced carers.
An information pack is available here:
Blackwood are committed to diversity and inclusion and as a Disability Confident Employer, we will interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the post.
For further enquiries please call 0131 317 7227 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team.