Support Workers, (BtB Tay), Dundee & Perth & Kinross
Support Workers (Ref: BtB Tay)
Care at Home Services, Tayside
From 16 hours per week
£9.00 per hour + excellent benefits
Are you someone…
- Who is interested in pursuing a rewarding career in social care?
- Who can support independent living in your community?
- Who can deliver our vision of helping people live their lives to the full?
If yes, then this is your opportunity to join one of Scotland’s leading and most innovative care providers as a Support Worker, working across our Care at Home Service across Tayside. We require Support Workers to join our teams in Dundee City, Broughty Ferry and Carse of Gowrie (Inchture, Longforgan, Invergowrie, Errol, St Madoe's).
Blackwood provides high-quality, innovative care for the elderly and people living with physical disabilities and long-term conditions such as dementia and multiple sclerosis. We deliver a wide variety of assistance such as personal hygiene, dressing, medication prompts and light household chores.
We are offering both part time and full time contracts as well as relief contracts to work across our Care at Home Service across Tayside. Blackwood look for enthusiastic, motivated and flexible individuals who can deliver care to our customers in line with their personal support plans. You will also have the exciting opportunity to engage with our award-winning digital care system, CleverCogs™.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A passion for delivering high quality care
- Strong communication, interpersonal and IT skills
- An ability to work independently in the community and as part of a team
- A relevant qualification (SVQ2), this is not essential as training will be given
- Flexibility to work on a rota basis, including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Blackwood offers a range of employee benefits, including:
- Comprehensive induction and personal development opportunities
- Fully funded SVQ training on completion of probationary period
- Travel expenses and paid travel time between customer visits
- Company sick pay scheme on completion of probationary period
- 34 days’ holiday per annum, pro rata for part-time hours
- Company mobile phone
- Company pension scheme and Death in Service Benefit
- Payment of PVG and SSSC registration
We ask that all applicants read the Information Pack before completing applications:
All successful candidates will be required to become a PVG scheme member as well as register with the SSSC.
Blackwood are committed to diversity and inclusion and as a Disability Confident Employer, we will interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the post.