Support Workers, Helenvale, Glasgow (HVALE-04)
Helenvale (Care at Home), Parkhead, Glasgow
Full-Time, Part-Time & Relief Opportunities (dayshift & backshift contracts)
Recruiting: Drivers and non-drivers
£9.30 per hour inc. fantastic benefits
- “Working at Blackwood is very rewarding, I love the people I work with”
- “We are building a good quality service, using new techniques and approaches”
- “I like getting to know customers and helping them live as independently as possible”
…These are just some of the things we hear our Support Workers say about working within Blackwood’s Care Services. Our care teams work hard in keeping our customers safe and independent and we have been incredibly proud of the high-quality care our Support Workers have continued to provide for our customers during the Covid-19 outbreak.
Blackwood are on the lookout for Support Workers to join our new, flagship care service, Helenvale, situated in Parkhead, Glasgow East. We have permanent and relief opportunities in dayshift and backshift teams.
As Helenvale is due to launch in Autumn 2020, our Support Workers will be at the forefront of delivering innovative and person-centred care and support services to our customers living with physical disabilities and lifelong conditions in line with their personal support plans.
Helenvale is a care at home service comprising 24-homes and so is fixed in one location. Care at home services help vulnerable adults to continue living within their own homes and come rain or shine, we are devoted to visiting our customers, supporting independent living and championing our customers to be an active part of their community.
As part of care at home visits to our customers, some of the daily tasks for our Support Workers will include:
- Personal hygiene – bathing, showering, hair washing, shaving;
- Food and diet – helping with eating, meal preparation;
- Medication prompting, dressing, moving and handling using hoists and aids.
Our new homes at Helenvale will incorporate The Blackwood House design which provides innovative home automation through our digital support system CleverCogs. You can read more on our exciting new Helenvale development and our digital technology at: www.blackwoodgroup.org.uk/helenvale
The ideal candidate must have:
- A passion for delivering high quality care & sharing the Blackwood values
- Strong communication, interpersonal and IT skills
- An ability to work independently in the community and as part of a team
- A relevant qualification (SVQ2), this is not essential as training will be given
- Flexibility to work on a rota basis, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
This is not just a job – we have a career pathway awaiting you at Blackwood:
- Fully paid induction and job-specific training programme;
- Shadowing, supervisions and team meetings with management team;
- Fully paid SSSC registration and PVG;
- Travel expenses and paid travel time between customer visits;
- Digital skills training and support to use mobile devices for your job;
- Excellent holiday - 34 days (for a full-time contract);
- CleverCogs enabled work phone and access to digital apps;
- Opportunity to join & participate in our employee engagement forums;
- Employee assistance programme, pension scheme & sick pay scheme;
- Funding for SVQ qualifications after probation completion.
You can go home each day knowing you are developing new skills and being a part of #LifeChangingWork. So, apply today!
We ask that all applicants read the Job Pack available on the careers page of our website.
All successful candidates will be required to become a PVG scheme member as well as register with the SSSC.
Due to current government guidelines, interviews are likely to be held online, however, alternative arrangements can be made if you are not able to meet with us via video interview. Should you be shortlisted for interview, a member of the recruitment team will be in contact to make suitable arrangements.
Blackwood are committed to diversity and inclusion and as a Disability Confident Employer, we will interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the post.
For further enquiries: Email email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 29th September, 17:00
Interviews: Are expected to take place from w/c 5th October.