Paying for your Home Care

If you think you may be eligible for help in paying for care, the first port of call should be the council’s social services department.  If you meet the criteria, they will come out to see you and assess your care needs, however you may require to answer some questions initially by telephone to see if you will receive an assessment. They will then communicate to you what, if anything they would be prepared to provide or pay for. If Social Services decide to provide you with some care they will either  deliver your care package directly or through a care provider in your area.

If you want to have more control of the process and pick and appoint your own care provider you should ask for “Direct Payments”. These are the payments that social services provide for people who have been assessed as needing care the cost of this care, which will can be paid directly to you.  You can then use the direct payment to arrange and pay for your own care and support services instead of social services doing this. Download our leaflet to find out more  – Guide to Self Directed Support.

Other welfare benefits may be available to help supplement income and specialist advice can be provided by your local authority welfare rights service.

If all this sounds complicated then why not give us a call and we can arrange a meeting to talk you through it all. We are pleased to offer our knowledge and advice to clients who simply do not know where to start. We are here to help!