Cost of Living
We have created this resource to help our customers to cut costs, make savings and get through the cost of living crisis. You can get local guidance and advice on:
- Money worries
- Food support
- Welfare funds
- Benefits advice
- Online services
Scottish Government has published their own Cost of Living guide for more help and advice. Visit their website here.
Citizens Advice Scotland has three online self-help tools, all aimed at providing people with key information and signposting to resources that will help improve their financial health. These tools provide critical support to people facing financial difficulty. They are:
- The Money Map – This tool signposts to all the best websites that help people access support to boost incomes, save money and cut the costs of daily living. www.moneymap.scot
- Council Tax Savings Tool – This tool assesses eligibility for council tax reductions, discounts and exemptions and signposts to where they can claim these savings. www.checkmycounciltax.scot
- Public Advice Site – the debt and money pages on the Citizens Advice Scotland website are an invaluable source of help and are updated regularly. www.citizensadvice.org.uk/scotland/
Energy Companies - Hardship Funds
You can apply directly to the major energy companies for help with bills through their hardship funding initiatives.
Follow the links below to find out more.
- Individuals & Families Fund
- British Gas Energy Support Fund
Energy Fund Application
- Customer Support Fund
- Hardship Fund
- Hardship Programme
If you would like to speak to your Housing Officer please call 0131 317 7227 to make an appointment or arrange a call back.