Gender Pay Gap
Equality and Diversity within Blackwood
Equality and Diversity goes to the heart of Blackwood. At Blackwood our aim is to build a diverse team, recognising the wonderful skills and experiences different backgrounds bring. Our vision is that we build communities in which people can expand their opportunities, exercise choice and maximise their potential. We believe that equality and diversity play a crucial role in helping us achieve organisational success.
Gender Pay Gap Reporting
We now have a legal obligation to report our Gender Pay Gap for 2021, which outlines the difference between male and female hourly pay.
- Our gender pay gap is 8.6% (mean pay) and (0% median pay)
This means that when we consider the whole organisation female employees are currently paid, on average, 5.6% less than male employees. This figure recognises the significant number of female support workers we have within Blackwood. We have a robust pay structure and pay a minimum of Scottish Living Wage with the large majority of our employees being paid above this rate. This means that all our team members are paid the same salary for doing the same role, regardless of whether they are male or female.
- Our top salary quartile has 67.0% female 33.0% male
- Our upper Middle salary quartile has 78.1% female 21.9% male
- Our lower middle salary quartile has 78.1% female 21.9% male
- Our lower salary quartile has 71.3 % female 28.7% male
- 0% of men and 0% of women received bonus pay.