Gender Pay Gap
Equality and Diversity within Blackwood
Equality and Diversity goes to the heart of Blackwood. At Blackwood our aim is to build a diverse team, recognising the wonderful skills and experiences different backgrounds bring. Our vision is that we build communities in which people can expand their opportunities, exercise choice and maximise their potential. We believe that equality and diversity play a crucial role in helping us achieve organisational success.
Gender Pay Gap Reporting
We now have a legal obligation to report our Gender Pay Gap for 2017/18, which outlines the difference between male and female hourly pay.
- Our gender pay gap is 11% (mean pay) and 0% (median pay).
This means that when we consider the whole organisation female employees are currently paid, on average, 11% less than male employees. This figure recognises the significant number of female support workers we have within Blackwood. We have a robust pay structure and pay the Scottish Living Wage which means that all our team members are paid the same salary for doing the same role, regardless of whether they are male or female.
- Our Top salary quartile has 42.1% men and 57.9% women
- Our Upper Middle salary quartile has 44.4% men and 55.6% women
- Our Lower Middle salary quartile has 17.7% men and 82.3% women
- Our Lower salary quartile has 18.1% men and 81.9% women
- 0% of men and 0% of women received bonus pay