Welfare Rights and Money Advice

Free Advice

Claiming the correct welfare benefits and getting financial support to pay your rent is important to Blackwood therefore we have some information together by region to help you get in touch with the right people who can offer free advice and support.

You can access these services directly or you can ask your Housing Officer to refer you.

If you have any concerns about paying your rent, need advice about rent arrears or other debts then call us NOW! We are here to help.

We know money might be tight, but you need to prioritise paying your rent. If you miss your rent payments, you could risk losing your home. We can offer support to help you manage your rent payments, even if you're already in debt- but you need to talk to us. Your Housing Officer can help get you back on track with a repayment plan you can afford.

Welfare Reform

For the latest information on what the government’s doing about welfare reform you can visit their website - https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/welfare-reform.